Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact as we support products used in the fight against COVID-19.We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service. As an employee of Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly implemented precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees to wear masks.We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Directs and coordinates Manufacturing Engineering and Test activities of personnel engaged in the following areas of a manufacturing department; multi-level assembly, electronic card/system testing and quality assurance to attain production goals consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Seek, recognize, define and solve problems within the assigned factory, identifying root causes of defects and other issues. Approach all assignments with a focus on continuous improvement, utilizing appropriate metrics, manufacturing data and input from key stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with customer counterparts in order to support the introduction of assemblies and technology that meets customer, manufacturing and financial requirements. Conduct regular assessments of the teams' capability and capacity to meet the needs of internal and external customers, making adjustments as necessary to ensure the needs of customers and employees are met. Proactively analyze customer technical requests to ensure feasibility and mutual success.
- Develop individuals and the team in a way that ensures their understanding of both the strategic and tactical direction of the organization. Provide consistent coaching, working to develop individuals in alignment with their strengths and creating a team environment that attracts and retains the best talent in the field.
- Provide technical direction to staff in order to ensure timely completion of projects, achievement of continuous improvement targets and the development and utilization of efficient work practices. Apply knowledge of items such as manufacturing layout, concepts, process controls, statistical applications, Engineering Change Orders and labor quotes to ensure the most effective and efficient operations. Apply advanced knowledge of Design for Manufacturing Guidelines in order to make appropriate requests of the customer and optimize the manufacturing process. Actively support customer visits and technical inquiries in order to maximize Plexus' partnerships with a wide variety of customers.
- Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Support Process Optimization
- Lead New Assembly Transitions
- Support DFM Development
- Lead New Customer Introductions
- Lead process controls improvements
- Support new technology implementation
- Support customer specific RFQ requests
- Lead analyzing, scheduling, and executing factory layout
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 5%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or higher is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or more years of equivalent industry experience is preferred.
- Preferably two (2) years in a supervisory or project leader role.
- The employee must successfully complete all internal training courses offered by the company that are necessary to do the job.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Intermediate Innovation
- Advanced Execution
- Intermediate Operational Knowledge
- Intermediate Industry Knowledge
- Intermediate Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Data Modeling and manipulation knowledge
- Basic thermal, mechanical, materials
- Basic Electrical
- Basic Technical Judgment
- General office equipment and materials
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be \\"U.S. persons.\\" \\"U.S. persons\\" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..