Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact as we support products used in the fight against COVID-19.We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service. As an employee of Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly implemented precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees to wear masks.We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Responsible for evaluating and defining the manufacturing processes in order to ensure that Plexus and Customer requirements are being met. The position is a key technical point of contact for the Focus Factory Team and an advocate for their needs.
Work Hours:D shift (Wednesday - Friday and every other Saturday6:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Support assembly build instruction creation and upkeep.
- Understand all equipment capabilities, operation and methods within the focus factory to ensure superb product quality, process capability and efficiency.
- Ensure all processes are set-up, operating and monitored in accordance with the requirements set forth by the manufacturing engineer and customer, and support a smooth product transition into manufacturing.
- Support and Perform research of customer and supplier documentation (datasheets, drawings, etc.) to ensure material conforms to specifications.
- Perform Cp and Cpk for assigned equipments.
- Support development and usage of tools to help ensure proper configuration of orders per the customer's requirements.
- Support New Assembly Transitions, New Customer Introductions, User Group Implementations and DFM Development.
- Support new product start-up and First Build troubleshooting.
- Work with Factory Team, Planners, Test Personnel, and Manufacturing Engineering to prioritize and plan daily needs for the factory.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (10%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required; Associate's degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of related experience is required.
- Knowledge in PCB assembly process, SMT, RoHS assembly, Lean Manufacturing, IPC standards, & Quality Systems required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills required
- Understand and utilize ERP systems: JDE/Agile/Customer specific
- Understand and utilize the Plexus Data Collection software
- General office equipment and materials.
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be \\"U.S. persons.\\" \\"U.S. persons\\" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..