Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We're proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country's leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Ultrasound Technician--Maternal/Fetal Medicine to join the Mountainside Team!
What You'll Do
The Ultrasound Technician--Maternal/Fetal Medicine will be responsible for performing standard obstetric ultrasounds.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Provide diagnostic imaging patient care services for routine and high-risk obstetrical cases
* Utilize patient chart in obtaining pertinent history as necessary
* Alert the appropriate medical staff of abnormalities that require immediate attention
* Compare present echocardiograms to previous studies to monitor changes in present status
Carry out assignments within a realistic timeframe
Monitoring ultrasound and work area supply inventory and equipment
* Perform outpatient and inpatient studies including: first trimester dating scans, nuchal translucency evaluation, uterine artery, middle cerebral, umbilical, color and power Doppler mapping, cervical length measurements, Level II genetic sonograms, fetal growth studies, multiple gestations, 3-4 D applications, guidance for amnio/CVS, and Fetal echo
* Select, cut, and mount segments of scans in order to visualize flow studies, both normal and abnormal
* Enter, maintain, and record all pertinent patient data
* Inform physician of any changes in patient's condition or pertinent findings from examination
* Sterilize equipment after each isolation patient in accordance with nursing and departmental policies
* Perform predetermined, preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is operating efficiently
Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Certificate of completion from an accredited Ultrasound program
Minimum of 1 year of medical imaging experience
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in OB
Fetal Echocardiography registry, and OB/GYN registry
Nuchal Translucency/nasal bone certification
* Cultural sensitivity and excellent patient care skills
Ability to multitask, prioritize effectively, and work as part of a team
What We Offer
Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..