Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Quality Assurance Supervisor directly supervises lab
employees to maximize productivity of assigned shifts
and areas at the highest quality and food safety
standards. This includes training employees, planning,
assigning and directing work, addressing product and
employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person
carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the Company s policies, OSHA regulations and
* Works with plant management and other supervisory
staff to maximize product quality and productivity.
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being
followed for product quality, employee safety, and
state and federal guidelines.
* Support Quality Assurance systems in order to
satisfy internal and customer requirements to
include process evaluation and product protection
programs; process specifications and standards;
sanitation programs, HACCP and GMP programs;
production labeling; and product storage and
* Coordinates schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Recommends improvements to production methods,
equipment performance and quality of product.
* Analyzes and resolves work, quality and food safety
problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
* Maintains quality and food safety records.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate
activities of individual departments.
* Provides supervision of assigned employees in
scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective
selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action
and performance management. If a collective
bargaining agreement exists, may participate
grievances or other contract related activities and
* Trains and instructs employees regarding quality and
food safety standards and processes. Oversees
instruction, implementation and enforcement of
policies as they relate to employees.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating and delegating.
* Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in a science-based area (ex:
Microbiology, Food Science, Dairy Science) of study
preferred, or a minimum of 2 years high level
plant-based laboratory experience.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security
Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality
Policies and Procedures, and report and follow
through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate,
develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.