Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other's strengths and sharing in successes.
This is a union, grade 5 role.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make a difference at the front lines of our operation as you respond to incoming calls from Medi-Cal providers, beneficiaries and their representatives. You will also track calls on the Provider and Beneficiary Correspondence Tracking System.
Due to COVID-19, training for this role will be remote, lasting 4 weeks. Candidates must have their own personal computer and remote internet access as Delta Dental cannot provide any technical equipment to complete this training. How you will make an impact:
- Responds to incoming calls from Medi-Cal dental Beneficiaries and/or their representatives concerning general program policies, regional screening appointments, Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) Notifications, and complaints; refers callers to Denti-Cal providers; reschedules regional screening appointments; refers callers to other agencies or resources.
- Responds to incoming calls from Medi-Cal provider offices regarding program policies/procedures, claims/TARs processing, EOB and check inquiries; provides patient history information and office enrollment status.
- Tracks call information in the Beneficiary or Provider Correspondence Tracking System; completes Referral Variance Log, S/UR Referral Form, makes outgoing calls, miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Position requirement: a personal computer and remote internet access.
- Graduate from an accredited dental assistant school or two years in a dental office.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year call center/customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of dental terminology and procedures.
- Dental Paraprofessional training.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to work regular overtime as required.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Ability to enunciate clearly.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance, punctuality and adhere to scheduled shifts.
- Standard computer literacy required including MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel); proficiency in Oracle Financial system preferred.
- Must be able to pass Telephone Representative V and X-Ray Test.Benefits and perks:
- 10 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- 100% paid health insurance premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as \\"remote,\\" the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let's chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us , ,
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we're all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire. .