Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Arcosa Aggregates is searching for a Scale Clerk for our Kopperl, TX plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within an aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Scale Clerk, you will run the scale house, provide customer service and support staff by conveying customer needs.
Arcosa Aggregates is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What you'll do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Keep workplace clean and organized
• Operate scale house
• Schedule and direct trucks
• Work cooperatively with sales department & dispatch
• Understand customers’ needs and requirements
• Answer incoming telephone calls
• Cash sales – document, verify & accurately fill out checks for customers
• Research problem tickets and properly document findings
• Convey any known customer needs and/or complaints with the appropriate people
• Maintains files for trucker’s insurance, tax exempt certificates, and overload permits.
• Assist administrator and manager as required
• Prompt, regular and predicable attendance
What you'll need:
• Ability to meet customers and project friendly, cooperative, and positive attitude
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of legal weights & measures helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competent operating normal office equipment - copiers, fax machines, adding machines, computers, printers, etc.
• Excellent attitude towards safety
• Service oriented and a team player
• Must be able to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
• Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Office
• Must be able to sit at a computer approximately 10 hours a day
• Must be able to bend, stand in order to handle files and related paperwork
• Must be able to communicate over CB and two-way radio