Posted in Design 8 days ago.
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
Why join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY help us transform the world.
Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team managing the comprehensive development of architectural design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects located throughout the United States. Candidate will lead production teams of architectural professionals and be responsible for the quality of the technical services provided. Assignments will include programming, space planning, design, writing specifications, producing deliverable drawing sets for floor plans, roof plans, building and wall sections, details and schedules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a technical expert within the architectural team to plan the design process and solve problems of large scope and complexity.
- Assists Project Managers with fee development for architectural portions of work
- Establishes, designs, and specifies project-appropriate architectural requirements
- Independently investigates, evaluates, and recommends design solutions, and prioritizes work
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of Architects, Designers, and other junior professionals
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development
- Conducts site investigations and observations
- Prepares narratives, reports, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints
- Initiates and facilitates cross-discipline discussions and coordination
- Reviews architectural documents for quality and compliance with code and program requirements
- Participates in Construction Administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept
- Mentors and encourages the development of junior professionals and technicians
- Develops training and educational opportunities for the architecture team
- Assesses and recommends improvements relative to architectural software, design procedures, standard details, and master specifications
- Performs marketing and business development activities including building relationship with key clients and strategic partners, proposal writing, fee estimates, and client interviews
- Travel for marketing and project-related activities will be required
- Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Registered Architect required;10+ years progressive architectural experience after master’s degree with experience in the civic and education market sector preferred
- Ability to direct and lead a production team of architectural teammates to develop and orchestrate full team coordination of contract documents
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of codes and related industry standards
- Production experience preparing deliverable drawing sets in Revit Architecture required
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to a number of concurrent projects in various stages
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team