Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
Location: Marriott Indianapolis
The Rooms Controller coordinates and processes group reservations, guest requests, and rooming list to ensure excellent guest service.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the White Lodging Way.
• Assist Front Desk leaders with credit report and follow-up.
• Ensure proper handling of airline contract rooms (where applicable).
• Set up, process and finalize room blocking.
• Prepare Express Check-ins.
• Check trace file for arriving groups.
• Interact with Sales Managers regarding the proper handling of their groups.
• Interact with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting rooms.
• Run necessary reports for shift.
• Set up mailbox arrivals.
• Check and verify reasons for all rooms out of service for maintenance.
• Always answer telephone within three rings with a smile and answer calls using good listening and communications skills to secure the information necessary to ensure the guest has an excellent stay.
• Check house count and establish selling position with shift manager; keep current throughout shift.
• Pre-block special requests, packages, VIP, Frequent Stay suites, and members (Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Passport, Hilton Honors, etc.).
• Ensure all guaranteed room types and special requests are met.
• Prepare coupons and other amenities for guests on special package rates.
• Follow correct check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
• Ensure resume information is correct and set up correctly in PMS.
• Be able to properly operate and explain TDD operation for guests.
• When applicable, take same day reservations at desk. Know cancellation policies and walk procedures.
• Ensure that all pre-registration and key packeting needs are met.
• Ensure that the requirements for daily check lists are met.
• Process and research Guaranteed No-Shows related to groups. Advise member of the Front Office leadership team how to handle such no-shows. Inform sales/event management of no shows.
• Handle special event booking as assigned by management, including blocking, deposits, and tracking procedures.
• Reinforce the suite booking process.
• Communicate information accurately.
• Have knowledge of room locations, types, building layout, and hours of operations.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
• Report maintenance issues.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
• Participate in daily preshift.
• Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as needed. Use personal protective equipment.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
• Follow proper key control procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Job Knowledge
• Quality of Work
• Quantity of Work
• Guest Focus/Customer Service
• Organization Skills
• Judgement/Problem Solving
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
• Proficient on computer functions including PMS, MARSHA, Passkey, Delphi, and MS Office.
• None required
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
• Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.