Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
Closing Specialist II who operates in the Funder role is responsible for making outbound calls to title companies and closing attorneys to verify the loan closing has occurred. The individual will request and receive outstanding closing packages.
The Closing Specialist II who operates as a Closing Coordinator works with the closing agent to make revisions to the HUD 1 settlement statement, ensuring fees are accurate and acceptable for purchase or refinance transactions. This role will work with the closing agent to make revisions to the HUD 1 settlement; ensuring fees are accurate and acceptable for purchase transactions. This role is also responsible for working with the title company. This role is also responsible for understanding and handling the State queue for Texas, Maryland, and Indiana.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Empathizes, enjoys, and is effective at working with customers
• Understands and works to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple items in a queue
• Communicates clearly and regularly with customers
• Proficient in the technical components of the job
• Demonstrates a determination to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency
• Works well under pressure
• Able to build relationships quickly
• Demonstrates ownership and follow through
• Working with the customer and/or settlement agent to cure all post signing related issues or concerns
• Communicating to the settlement agent or closing attorney to verify that funds can be disbursed
• Retrieve disbursement delay monetary shortages from settlement agents
• Communicate with vendor, such as the settlement agent concerning issues with documents not being signed or signed in-correctly, or a Schedule A condition not being met
• Analyze and notate documentation that is outstanding
• Verify receipt of all closing documents to ensure they are correct and have been executed properly
• Review all outstanding closing conditions regarding required documentation. This may include the HUD, Mortgage, Note, Right to Cancel, Truth in Lending and any Closing requirement showing on the Schedule A in the Closing package. Determine if conditions are met and update system of record with document status accordingly
• Make closing confirmation calls to ensure the closing took place and update system of record
• Request and upload critical document packages from settlement agents
• Complete specific state required documents as authorized signer
• Make outbound calls to borrower with loan status updates as needed
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years customer service experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in mortgage processing working experience in conventional, government, purchase and refinance
• Minimum of 2 years Mortgage closing experience, with state specific requirements (TX, MD, IN) preferred
• Possess strong attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Basic office skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Able to understand and explain HUD 1 settlement statement preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of the end-to-end mortgage loan processChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans