Posted in Education 13 days ago.
Triages and facilitates the appropriate transition of care to DHH Affiliate facilities for the DH Lebanon population. Coordinates with internal case managers as well as those at receiving facilities for correct level of care; acute, swing and/or acute rehabilitation. Develops, monitors and reinforces of care standards and protocols designed to enhance quality and promote cost-effective utilization of healthcare resources.
1. Coordinates with the case manager to facilitate the plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family, caregiver and health care team based upon the need/preferences and resources available.
2. Determines the appropriate level of care and coordinates with the DHH Affiliate to facilitate the appropriate transfer.
3. Designs metrics and collects data to establish overall effectiveness of the position as well as by each affiliate. Monitors impact of overall LOS.
4. Coordinates quarterly regional meetings with stakeholders.
5. Communicates and documents information to both the health care team and affiliates to effectively transition patient’s care.
6. Advocates on behalf of patients/families and caregivers for service access and insurance benefits within the constraints of regulations, and for the protection of the patient’s health, safety and rights.
7. Recognizes situations that require referrals to Quality, Risk Management, or Patient and Family Relations and discusses with leadership.
8. Evaluates the options available and balances cost and quality to assure the optimal clinical and financial outcomes. Facilitates progression to appropriate levels of care.
9. Evaluates patient outcomes affected by the DHH System Liaison process for improvement opportunities. Identifies potential for and participates in quality improvement initiatives within the clinical setting or other organizational committees.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Bachelor's degree (or matriculated into a Bachelor's degree program with completion within a period of time agreed upon with the department at the time of hire) with 3 years of clinical experience required.
Recent acute care and acute rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
Desired qualities and behaviors include: collaborative team player with strong communication skills, use of a systems approach in planning, problem solving and decision making, creativity, innovation, risk taking, autonomy, flexibility, receptiveness to change and a commitment to professional growth.
Computer skills required.
Current New Hampshire RN licensure.
BLS certification required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: