Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
Provides advanced nursing care in an inpatient and outpatient setting for patients with hematological malignancies in a clinic or hospital setting under the direction of a physician.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which require experience and specialized training which would otherwise be performed by a physician, but which do not constitute the practice of medicine.
2. Conducts independent and physician supervised rounding on unit.
3. Performs relevant patient evaluations and assessments, and provides appropriate treatment; including monitoring and ordering medications.
4. Coordinates, directs, and implements the patient's plan of care.
5. Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for co-morbidities, and provides guidance and preventative health care as needed.
6. Performs physical examinations and provides episodic care, or problem-oriented care, under the supervision of a physician.
7. Orders appropriate laboratory, diagnostic and radiographic tests, and interprets results.
8. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the attending physician of pertinent medical information.
9. Facilitates patient education relating to medical processes, medication, nutrition, and health promotion or preventative health care.
10. Assists physicians in formulating therapeutic decisions.
11. Maintains appropriate records, and prepares charts for review and counter signature by physician.
12. Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
13. Responds to emergency situations.
14. Performs within the scope of practice prescribed by licensure and certification.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse
Current Texas Licensure as an APRN-NP
Current specialty certification as required by department, excluding FNP certification unless paired with a post master's certification in specialty.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or specialty certification as required by department.
Masters in Nursing as NP or Masters in Nursing with completion of a post-masters Nurse Practitioner Certification Program.
None; previous experience in area of clinical focus preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215