The physical requirements for this position include the ability to: stand or walk with, push and/or pull, objects up to or over 50 lbs.; regularly sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); occasional-intermittent risk of exposure to, or injury from, job-related equipment and patients, cuts/punctures, hazardous chemicals and waste, radiation, burns, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and combative/violent people or patients. Occasional job-related travel may also be required.
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm; occasional weekends and holidays required.
UK Healthcare is currently looking for an Echocardiology Technician to perform accurate and quality diagnostic adult cardiac exams in accordance with ICAEL guidelines. This person will have a good understanding of ultrasound equipment, accurate knowledge of medical terminology, as well as the cardiac disease process. They will be expected to perform accurate measurements and calculations, properly obtain data to disseminate and provide for physician interpretation. General computer skills (strength in Microsoft Office) general knowledge of ultrasound equipment, and strong customer service skills preferred.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Experience in echocardiography, Microsoft Office skills, general knowledge of ultrasound equipment, and strong customer service skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Allied health degree; three to four years of related experience; Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer ( RDCS ) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer ( RCS ) credential; and experience performing echocardiograms and stress testing in a patient care setting.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have experience with strain, tissue Doppler and 3D imaging?
* Do you have experience providing sonographer reports in echo report generating programs?
* How many years of paid employment experience do you have performing diagnostic cardiac echo exams?
More than 0, up through 1 year
More than 1 year, up through 2 years
More than 2 years, up through 3 years
More than 3 years
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
* Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)