Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
What you will do
As the Director of Commercial Services, you will be part of the ground floor to help design and build the process for install of VRF to train the field service organization. You will also be responsible for providing leadership and managing assigned and unassigned resources for the safe delivery and growth of HVAC Service Commercial business, including but not limited to the products of rooftops, Verasys, VRF & Water source heat pumps through the contract delivery types (L&M, Parts, PSA Renewals and retrofit and replacement). Will be responsible for developing and delivery of sales volume, revenue, gross margin and service asset management plans and goals as well as maintaining and improving on key leading, lagging, CI metrics and outcome dashboards. A member of the HVAC headquarters field team will provide leadership and manage others in Product, Sales and Service processes and strategies. Helps deploy and ensures all standardized tools sets and systems are being implemented and used in a consistent manner across all Areas and local Branch markets as assigned. Manages direct reports and a team that coaches and manages resources within a matrix relationship, to maximize safety, customer satisfaction, productivity and profitability.
The HVAC Director of Commercial Service is actively involved in the areas service community, industry organizations, and charity organizations and face-to-face networking with technical schools, community colleges, and local union leadership.
The HVAC Director of Commercial Service is actively involved in coaching the local market managers, Area Managers, Area General Manager, and Areas Vice President in HVAC commercial product, sales, operations delivery and support strategies to help ensure Area Fiscal Year plans are met.
How you will do it
• Develop, deliver and maintain proactive training programs for all BSNA local branches and appropriate agents on how to install, trouble shoot and commission all JCI commercial equipment. (Rooftops, Verasys, VRF and WSHP).
• Devise, deploy and monitor a commercial HVAC equipment attach rate strategy for PSA’s and L+M pull through on every order and install base.
• Partner with the Director of Commercial sales BSNA to Devise, Deliver and Maintain a direct replacement of competitors rooftops and retrofit strategy (help with defining existing competitor assets to help branches target higher hit Rate commercial opportunities).
• Responsible for Premier Training plan for recurring orders.
• Responsible for JCI Technician start-ups estimating, delivery and profitability on JC rooftops and VRF equipment.
• Devise training plan & VRF start-up commissioning plan for VRF systems and align product installation and service support of the RTSM team.
• Assist struggling areas/market with commercial related Pre-Sales, Service, Warranty and Start up challenges.
• Work with factories (Norman, JCH Dallas, climate Master) on additional service retrofit and service processes, warranty, parts needs in the BSNA channel. Provide feedback on product development roadmaps from a replacement and service perspective…example, (easy access to unit it field, quick turnaround for rooftop replacements that are urgent, and technical support improvement for the field, etc).
• Training and Frontline Service Staffing
• Commercial PSA attach rate Growth %
• Commercial PSA Secured Volume and Margin $$$ vs Plan
• Commercial PSA Executed Revenue and Margin $$$ vs Plan
• Commercial L&M Pull Through Growth %
• Commercial L&M Revenue & Margin $$$ vs Plan
• Commercial retrofit / replacement Revenue & Margin $$$ vs Plan
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience.
• 10 or more years of HVAC Industry experience including five or more years of direct management experience.
• Previous operations, sales and/or Account Management experience desired as well as industry networking.
• Able to lead and direct cross-functional and cross-business unit Service and Agent teams to achieve business results.
• Ability to lead, manage, mentor and inspire others.
• Knowledge of multiple levels with the products, engineering and supply chain org.
• High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences.
• Able to travel up to 50% of time.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.