Posted in Management 25 days ago.
The Production Manager will lead the development and execution of manufacturing processes to achieve shared objectives across the facility. This role will measure safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance while leveraging data to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Production Manager is responsible for driving results through efficiency gains, balancing capacity to demand, managing labor, and developing and leading a diverse team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversees all aspects of production, including, but not limited to, planning and scheduling, staffing, manufacturing operations, final assembly, and on-time delivery of product.
* Contributes to the development of, and manages, operating budget; ensures achievement of financial objectives.
* Manages efforts to identify root causes of issues negatively impacting production objectives.
* Leads and coordinates a wide variety of identified and approved initiatives and projects designed to improve processes and performance.
* Participate in new product development and/or product change initiatives.
* Ensures effective employee relations, provides employee coaching and development to leaders and associates.
* Develops and executes enhanced training program for new hires and cross-training.
* Collaborates with Scheduling/Planning to maximize throughput and attainment.
* Recommends and makes improvements in value stream machinery, equipment, industrialization and manufacturing methods. Provides capital investment justification to the leadership team.
* Maintains good technical knowledge of operations; follows the escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and recommends corrective action as required.
* Ensures that standard operating procedures are developed, executed and updated in accordance with ISO guidelines in the areas.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's in manufacturing related field or equivalent experience preferred.
* Minimum of 5-7 years production or plant management experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
* Experience with TPS, ISO9001:2008, and lean manufacturing principles.
* Solid understanding and application of workplace 6S and other Lean manufacturing principles.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment.
* Must be able to demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying injection molding principles and practices.
* Proven track record of building a team managing change streamlining processes and driving safety quality delivery and cost improvements
* Strong analytical problem-solving delegation and conflict resolution skills.
* Exceptional leadership interpersonal and organizational skills.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.