Posted in Other 23 days ago.
The Health Care Specialist performs equipment setups in a timely and professional manner. This employee is generally responsible for the setup of highly technical equipment such as ventilators, monitors, and CPAP units. The Health Care Specialist also provides technical assistance with equipment and may end up performing setup of all types of oxygen equipment as well.
* Provides patient education as an intricate part of the patient care activity according to the patient's need and Lincare policy, frequently in the patient's home
* Requires use of a personal vehicle with a valid driver's license
* Performs complete and professional patient assessments in accordance with Lincare policies and procedures
* Maintains current knowledge of respiratory homecare techniques and relevant respiratory therapy concepts
* Follows applicable policies and procedures of the Safety & Regulatory Manual regarding General Safety, OSHA (includes the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment), DOT (driving safety), FDA, and Emergency Planning
* Represents Lincare through professional personal appearance, patient care activities, and content of written reports
* Facilitates prescription collection
* Maintains patient records incomplete and organized manner in compliance with accreditation standards
* Work on-call evenings and weekends on an as scheduled basis
* Frequency is determined by the center size and the number of employees available to share in the responsibility
* Must respond in a timely manner