Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Swisher TX - Paramedic Basic - Part Time in Tulia, TX
More Information about this Job
Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts and providers!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Paramedic Lead is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations by facilitating communication between field staff and leadership, monitoring system status and making time-critical decisions, reporting daily issues and achievements to leadership, acting as a role model to field employees, and providing coaching opportunities when standards are not upheld.
* Perform the required daily functions of a Paramedic Basic and be readily available to assist field personnel.
* Monitor, communicate with, and support field staff in their tasks and objectives.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and make or approve all medical decisions of the unit.
* Act as a liaison between field staff, management, communications centers, healthcare facilities, and patient families.
* Work collaboratively with all allied health and public safety personnel to ensure excellent customer service and the best possible patient care.
* Ensure appropriate system status management goals are being upheld by monitoring system status and engaging directly with the communications center to pre-assign, reassign, and divert crews to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Ensure that all in-service units are in a serviceable condition and oversee proper/timely deployment of field staff. Monitor building, unit, and operations sites for cleanliness.
* Keep thorough and complete records of all issued equipment and be accountable for its return at the end of employee shifts.
* Assist road crews and supervisory staff with proper Patient Care Report (PCR) transmission.
* Ensure that staff is adhering to GMR protocols and properly resolve/escalate issues to the appropriate personnel.
* Promptly report and escalate any workplace injuries, vehicle incidents, and damage to property or equipment.
* Comply with all company policies and local, state, and federal employment laws while providing patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 2 years of Paramedic experience.
* Some leadership experience preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Some advanced education preferred.
* Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
* Strong listening and comprehension skills.
* Ability to adapt to quickly evolving situations.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* State Paramedic Certification.
* State Driver's License with driving record in compliance with GMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
* Ambulance Driver's License.
* BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, BTLS/PHTLS Certifications. | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Day, night, weekend, and holiday shifts with extended workdays.
* Long periods inside the ambulance.
* May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather.
* Routine exposure to moderate noise levels.
* May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
* Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, and climbing.
* Routine lifting of more than 200 lbs. with assistance.
* Visual identification of color-coded items.
* Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when required.
* Critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
* Compassion and empathy.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Field Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager
Interrelationships: EMTs, Paramedics, FTOs, Supervisors, Managers, Dispatch, Fleet.
If your passion is delivering patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled