Posted in Management 29 days ago.
The Production Manager directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standard and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
2. Directs production activities and ensures production priorities are followed for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
3. Oversee production supervisors to ensure products are cast according to design specifications.
4. Oversee supervisors and crew leaders and participates with teaching new hires and on-going training.
5. Work with scheduling as needed to ensure products are cast and ready for delivery required. Provide input as needed for utilizing the most appropriate production bed for casting.
6. Work with engineering as needed to resolve any shop ticket issues that may arise.
7. Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
8. Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operation or production problems.
9. Participate in pre-pour meetings to discuss new products.
10. Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances to supervisor and/or HR.
11. Has the ability to conduct new hire orientation and safety meetings.
12. Participate in developmental training as offered.
13. Ability to conduct interviews and assist with selecting new hires.
14. Participate in safety training meetings and lead if needed.
Education: High School or GEDGeneral Educational Development?required.
Experience: 5 to 7 (+) years of related work experience required.