Posted in Other 19 days ago.
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
* Responsible for assisting with researching, developing, and launching new products.
* Track and review product sample submissions with product development team.
* Create product specifications, assembly instructions, product manuals, standards, safety warnings.
* Help create/document tests and procedures for product safety.
* Work with 3D printer to create prototypes, and 3D programs such as Pro E, Solidworks.
* Review/compare product specifications including but not limited to, dimensions, weight capacities, function & performance features, intellectual property details, etc.
* Work closely with the Product Development Engineers to design product, determine cost, and packaging efficiency.
* BS in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical.
* BS or BA in Industrial Design will be considered.
* 1 -3 years of product development experience in industrial or mass consumer products.
* Must be hands on and able to assemble/test various industrial products.
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes:
o Metals- stamping, welding, wire forming, extrusions, roll forming and foundry,
o Plastics; injection molding, roto molding, thermoforming.
* Knowledge of regulations and standards such as: OSHA, ANSI, National Electric Code, NSF, UL/ETL, BIFMA, etc.
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.