Posted in Other 28 days ago.
* Part time Cook Position
* Must be able to pass a background check.
* Sunday 6am-2:30pm, Monday 2:00-6:30 and Tuesday 2:00-6:30:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
What does the Cook do?
Bring your passion for culinary into a role that truly matters. You will develop mouthwatering meals and collaborate with other members of our dining services department at our beautiful communities! You will prepare food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, sanitary practices, and resident preference, and in a manner that reflects quality of service and facility philosophy.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Cook role and what can we offer you?
* There are many culinary jobs out there - not many of them will allow you to know and interact with the folks eating your culinary creations day in and day out.
* Act as a leader at the community to provide the best in service to our amazing residents.
* The ability to coach, guide, and train fellow culinary department staff - share your passion for food to help grow team members that you collaborate with daily.
In this job, every day you will...
1. Prepare food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, portion control and sanitary procedures meeting health department standards and company policies.
2. Check and record food temperatures prior to serving and serves meals that are palatable, appetizing and appealing.
3. Review menus, making only necessary substitutions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
4. Assure that food and supplies are available for the next meal, pulling supplies from freezer as required for the next meal preparations. Notifies dietary services supervisor of needed supplies.
5. Maintain a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and pots regularly and carries out the daily and scheduled cleaning duties according to assignments.
6. Ensure proper storage of food and supplies meeting health department regulations.
7. Use cleaners and other hazardous materials according to department procedures.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* You will need minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar health care environment.
* You need to meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification or appropriate service license.
* You must be proficient at reading written menus and direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
Ways you can advance beyond the Cook role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Dining Services Manager or other health care jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.:
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Green Valley
Located at 1175 South Abrego Drive in Green Valley, AZ, Prestige Assisted Living at Green Valley has 38 apartments of assisted living care, as well as 23 units of memory care.
Prestige Assisted Living at Green Valley is a clean, vibrant community of healthcare providers and residents. We offer a highly impactful work environment where you can collaborate with other team members to offer the best in care for our residents. If getting to know those you serve is important to you, you get that in spades with us! We offer a strong promote-from-within culture, a home-like work environment, a robust and comprehensive medical/dental/vision/EAP benefits package, lots of different career options, and more.
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Green Valley is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige Senior Living?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.
Questions? Contact GreenValleyED@prestigecare.com: