Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the department leadership and coordinates office procedures and functions. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating special and fundraising events as well as providing assistance to the Houston Methodist Hospital Auxiliary and Services Corps volunteers as applicable.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Works closely with department leadership to coordinate office procedures and functions.(EF)
2. Provides administrative support to the leadership team and departmental staff. (EF)
3. Maintains volunteer information in volunteer database. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
1. Greets and welcomes guests offering support to volunteers and other stake holders who need assistance.
2. Provides administrative support for Services Corps, Auxiliary and Can Care.(EF)
3. Performs some volunteer applicant screening.(EF)
4. Downloads, prints and prepares patient E-greetings for delivery to patients. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 15%
1. Serves as Safety Officer for the department and ensures compliance with DNV standards of the volunteer program.(EF)
2. Follow safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards encountered in the work environment (EF)
FINANCE - 25%
1. Handles budget, ordering of supplies, uniforms and needed materials; reconciles financials and pays invoices.
2. Updates database with new information, continuously monitors volunteer time, parking and meal tickets. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Handles routine correspondence and clerical duties for the Department.(EF)
2. Prepares and coordinates annual event calendar. Serves as the point of contact for the departments calendar of events. (EF)
3. Plans and coordinates events for department. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Bachelors Degree, preferred
o One year administrative support experience required; healthcare experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Understanding of the diversity and fluid nature of volunteer work. Ability to perform duties using a personal computer and knowledge of MS Office software. Must be able to stay organized and handle a busy schedule with frequent interruptions.
o Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, as well as volunteers.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group- As one of the nation's leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation's leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part ofHouston Methodist Specialty Physician Group(HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.