Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act in compliance with nursing philosophy, practice standards, and qualifications.
2. Collaborates with physicians and midlevel providers in providing direct healthcare to patients. Evaluates client outcomes and condition changes.
3. Communicates and documents teaching and follow-up care with patients. Documents patients' understanding of plan/instructions.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information and findings to providers, associate nursing peers, and other caregivers in a timely manner.
5. Triages telephone inquiries, reviews lab results and diagnosis testing, and assures written patient notification of test results, missed appointments, and abnormal study follow-up when appropriate. Arranges referrals to ancillary services.
6. Demonstrates competency in office including testing, phlebotomy, and assists physician/midlevel provider with procedures.
7. Maintains and supervises the integrity of departmental logs.
8. Reviews and comprehends Department of Public Heath and Welfare information and recommendations for prophylaxis, treatment, and reporting of communicable diseases. Completes informational forms such as premarital and WIC. Recognizes signs and symptoms of child and domestic abuse and reports accurately.
9. Maintains stock of client education materials. Reviews new material available.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1.Knowledge of nursing process, theories, and clinical expertise related to patient care, normally acquired through the completion of a nursing training program at an NLN accredited school of nursing.
2.Current registration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3.Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, and a multidisciplinary team of healthcare personnel to resolve complex problems.
4.Able to acquire, through training programs and continuing education, technical knowledge related to the area.
1.Standard office environment.
2.Exposure to infectious diseases, chemicals, and other toxic agents.
3.Computer skills required.