Posted in Other 24 days ago.
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a safety sensitive position. Plant based Process Engineer reports to Process Engineering Manager. Primary responsibilities will be to identify, manage, and execute the Plant's process improvement opportunities. This position will be responsible for all aspects of Engineering Systems in relation to the transfer of technology for new products and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Training, Routine and Required Audits and Special Projects to ensure Compliance, Safety, Quality, Cost Reduction and Productivity of the Department and the facility. The Process Engineer leads intermittent process improvement trials and technological transfer of new products to manufacturing. They may support validation process and activities as well as training activities. This position interacts with Research & Development, Quality Systems, Quality Laboratory and Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production, Warehouse, Converting, Packaging, Maintenance, Regulatory and all Supervision and Management in the Jonesboro facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Provides leadership and subject matter expertise for equipment improvement projects in assigned areas.
2. Leads and/or coordinates process improvement trials and the technological transfer of new processes to manufacturing.
3. Analyzes and initiates methods for adjusting manufacturing process, equipment, testing, and materials.
4. Initiates processes and/or product quality improvements.
5. Troubleshoots problems and develops root cause and corrective actions.
6. Contributes to relevant design / development processes & reviews when appropriate.
7. Generates internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports to include Gantt Charts, CAD drawings, P & ID(s), Process Flow Diagrams, etc.
8. Generates and maintains standards for process operations, efficiency and utilization.
9. Responsible for production/process system improvements and improving reliability of operations through the development, testing, and implementation of new technology and overseeing process operation effectiveness.
10. Leads and conducts process experiments as well as documenting and communicating key process learning's. Must understand and communicate fundamental cause and effect relationships.
11. Provides technical guidance to the plant, engineering and research organizations in terms of process and or equipment troubleshooting.
12. Provides problem solving when / where needed within the key process areas.
13. Supports other technical resources with project objectives.
14. Ensures compliance with ISO 9000:2000 and cGMP's, and consistent application of all procedures and work instructions.
15. Seeks new and innovative ways to streamline the manufacturing plant and to implement and track improvements. Recommends specifies equipment, materials or processes.
16. Supports validation processes and activities; executes protocols, as needed.
17. Creates and implements and verifies SOP's, Work Instructions and forms as needed for new or revised products and processes.
18. Provides a leadership role in Continuous Improvement projects and in resolving Corrective and Preventative Actions among affected groups.
19. Assists in implementation of Hazardous Materials Response Program.
20. Assists with Environmental Compliance programs for the assigned facility.
21. All other duties as assigned. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance job this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
1. Knowledgeable of aseptic packaging, direct and indirect thermal processes, fluid mechanics, CIP systems, and process system validation.
2. Process experience with exposure to DI water systems and aseptic thermal processing and packaging.
3. Plant manufacturing experience.
4. Project Management experience.
5. Knowledge of FDA, 3A Dairy and USDA standards, policies and procedures.
6. Working knowledge of OTC and ISO requirements.
7. Software experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project 2003, PhotoShop, Auto-Cad and Visio.
8. Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
1. 5 years engineering or process design/improvement experience
2. Proficient in the use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, and Access
3. PLC experience preferred.
4. Experience in an ISO or cGMP regulated environment.
1. Strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills, and ability to systematically approach problems and develop solutions.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by ability to generate technical reports. 3. Excellent computer skills
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.