Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Join Our Mission
The Family Specialist is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive case management plan for youth and families to ensure the safety, permanency and well-being of youth in foster care.
* Conducts assessment of family's strengths and needs; assesses problem areas and utilizes various treatment modalities and resources to effect growth and change.
* Participates in development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of comprehensive treatment and discharge plan. Develops alternative placement or permanency resources for youth that may not return to their families. Completes a comprehensive discharge summary at least eight weeks prior to discharge.
* Delivers effective case management services, including ensuring counseling sessions are scheduled as needed and children receive required medical and dental examinations. Tracks and monitors services provided, completes all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner. Ensures compliance with confidentiality standards, parental consent and necessary release of information.
* Conducts casework contacts with families, as needed but at least twice a month, in their homes and community settings to focus on treatment goals. Engages youth and family by developing effective and caring relationship. Ensures children are maintained in safe, secure environments.
* Acts as a bridge between youth and family, and foster care treatment teams through telephone, face-to-face contacts, family conferences, comprehensive treatment reviews, etc. Attend treatment review meetings.
* Assists with reunification of youth with family, community, school by implementing permanent supports and resources including but not limited to identifying and working with a mentor, setting up after school recreational and job opportunities and developing a relapse prevention program.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in human services or related field.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience working with at-risk youth and families.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule with variable hours including day, evening, weekend, holiday and subject to call hours.
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
* Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
* Skills: Ability to handle crisis intervention in solution focused manner as well as communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills.