Posted in Other 19 days ago.
A Structural Engineer position at Vandenberg AFB, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will support repairs, modifications and new designs of launch facilities in support of various launch operations as part of the client"s engineering and infrastructure team. Must be able to obtain secret clearance.
* Provide engineering and oversight of SLC-3 / Atlas V, SLC6 / Delta IV, and other associated facilities. The engineering and management support will include, but is not limited to: architectural, HVAC, electrical, civil, structural and mechanical systems, maintenance and facility corrosion control activities.
* Design in support of new movable structures, platforms, hydraulic systems, crane, personnel access etc. in support of new rocket on existing launch pad.
* Perform engineering calculations, trade-studies, designs, evaluations, and rough cost estimates in support of the above engineering activities.
* Troubleshooting, repair and retest of major components including hydraulics & controls for movable buildings and platforms.
* Prepare Statements of Work with detailed contractor direction, and manage contractor"s activities for building architectural systems, facility corrosion control repair miscellaneous civil, structural and mechanical repairs/modifications.
* Develop and coordinate technical portions of proposals and contract specifications. Apply knowledge of regulatory and certifying agency requirements to ensure product and/or service is in compliance with local and launch base codes. Apply knowledge of functional testing requirements to ensure product and/or service meets or exceeds customer expectation.
* Work with various government groups including Air Force and Base Civil Engineering personnel.
* Previous Launch Pad or other similar industry experience (Nuclear, Aircraft, Civil, and Chemical) is preferred.
* Experience with facilities engineering and plant operations.
* Experience with Computer Aided Design software such as AutoCad
* Work will primarily be in an office type environment, with some field operations and maintenance support (launch pad and processing facilities) involving working at height, working in confined space, and working in areas of stored hazardous rocket propellant commodities and high-pressure gases.
If you are interested in this Structural Engineer position at Vandenberg AFB, CA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.