is accepting applications for the following position:
Assistant Treasurer and Accountant for Foundation Services
Position number: B99950
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
• Associate degree in accounting or related business field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Two years of accounting experience is required.
• Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Experience in reviewing and preparing financial reports.
• Experience with donor management software and Banner Finance
• Experience in increasingly responsible office work involving application of accounting principles and use of technology preferred.
This position is responsible for assisting and maintaining the Advancement software and coordinating the accounting operations for the Motlow College Foundation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists and maintains the gift entry and donor management software through establishing designation codes, setting up donors, recording pledges, posting of donations and processing reports.
• Records Foundation donations based on donor restrictions per the donor management software designation codes.
• Organizes, coordinate, and reconciles the Foundation investment statements and prepares journal voucher to post to Banner Finance.
• Prepares the annual financial statements for Motlow College Foundation.
• Performs reconciliations for the Foundation bank and Local Government Investment Pool (LGIP) accounts.
• Communicates with IT personnel regarding any changes or problems in the gift entry and donor management software system processing and assist in analyzing and correcting the problem.
• Analyzes and prepares the Foundation annual 990 tax return for a 501(c) (3) entity.
• Answers questions for faculty and staff related to pledges.
• Prepares various spreadsheet analyses, as requested for revenue projections and budgeting.
• Assists with preparation of budgets and financial statements for Motlow State Community College.
• Provides variance explanations and supporting documentation for accounting entries and prepares other analyses as requested by auditors during audit cycles conducted by the State Comptroller's Office.
• Coordinates and plans with the Foundation Office and the President's Office for special fundraising events such as the Charitea, annual Gala and golf tournaments.
• Assists the Foundation Office in monitoring scholarship balances.
• Assists with the risk assessment process for the College.
• Prepares various reports for the College and Foundation such as Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) Survey, Fact Book, annual Title III and V Eligibility Application
• Assists the Executive Vice President for Business and Finance with various duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com .
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1541, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.