Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
Under the direction of the Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI), the Manager of CDI is responsible for the daily activities of CDI staff to ensure the associated duties are performed accurately and efficiently following all applicable rules and regulations. The manager will work collaboratively with medical staff, coding staff, analytics staff and leadership to assess CDI opportunities, deficiencies and implement solutions. The manager will work with the staff to identify and resolve process issues.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for monitoring and directing the daily activities of the CDI staff to ensure all roles are operating efficiently and effectively.
2. Serves as a mentor to staff and provides performance feedback and coaching for success at regular intervals.
3. Provides education to CDI staff, medical staff and other leadership as needed.
4. Monitors bill hold for timely processing and release of CDI reviews.
5. Ensures departmental tracking logs are kept current.
6. Represents CDI at internal and external meetings as required.
7. Works with CDI Educator to ensure all education material is maintained on the UTP intranet maintaining current regulatory compliance.
8. Responsible for mitigating CDI issues arising at the facility/department level.
9. Works with the CDI team and revenue cycle services members to resolve issues and provide resolution.
10. Works with EMR support team to ensure proper documentation templates are created and maintained.
11. Manages the Human Resources activities for direct reports and department staff in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary plan.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have one of the following certifications:
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P)
One of the following certifications:
Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) certification or Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification.
Must be proficient in presenting, educating and creating CDI resource tools for the CDI team, coders, and management via formal and information education sessions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and internet communication programs.
Bachelor of Science degree in healthcare related field or Associates degree in healthcare related field.
5 years of experience in a CDI or coding leadership role in an outpatient or large provider office setting, experience with EPIC is preferred. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215