Support data requirements related to inventory levels, demand and service levels. Support kaizen events data requirements. Provide detailed data on capacities, capabilities and mix associated with the balancing of load on provider plants.
1. Provide data on inventory levels, production orders, safety stock levels, and status of inventory builds to management.
2. Run analysis on current loading of provider plants to ensure adequate capacity to meet current and planned builds.
3. Participate in the establishment of and take actions to meet departmental scorecard goals.
4. Work on projects as assigned by the DC Leadership Team.
5. Perform other tasks as directed by the DC Leadership Team.
6. Promote CITE principles.
This role will not have any direct supervision or management responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Undergraduate degree in Business, or related field, extensive experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
• APICS Certification. Actively working toward APICS certification will be considered in lieu of certification.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an inventory/material role.
• Highly detailed oriented.
• Hands-on understanding of MRP.
• Experience working in a multiple plant environment.
• Track record of successful project management and team leadership.
• Highly developed Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Access and Excel.
• Management style and duties must be consistent with and support the current AWC Vision and CITE principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with provider/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from provider/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to plant management, public groups, and/or top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as demand/supply management, statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.