Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Code: 101013
Location: Lincoln Campus
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation.
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: " Now You Can "
The Madonna License Practical Nurse (LPN) are critical to a positive patient experience! Our LPNâ€™s assume responsibility and accountability for coordinating and providing quality care with a holistic approach to an assigned team of patients. Delivers direct patient care, administers prescribed medication and treatments within scope of practice. Contributes to the assessment of the patient condition and reports adverse changes or reactions to supervisor and other team members. Works within the clinical services systems to deliver quality care according to Madonnaâ€™s philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for the internal and external customer relations for patient care.
* Understand and utilize individual job description and program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
* Coordinate, compile, compare and record patient care information to contribute to the establishment and evaluation of patient goals and plans of care including physicianâ€™s orders.
* Compile, compare, report and record patient data, patient care, medications and treatments of cares rendered.
* Compute, compare, and record quantity of medications administered and consult with Pharmacy to order or replace medications as needed.
* Compile billable supplies to ensure accuracy on patients account.
* Assist in identifying patient and family needs to inform them of patientâ€™s progress, and to provide emotional support.
* Communicate with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions for patientâ€™s plan of care.
* Interact with patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
* Mentor, train, and monitor new employees as to department, environmental, and operational guidelines.
* Serve patient by assisting with transfers, wheeling in wheelchairs, ambulating and repositioning, ADLâ€™s and feeding of patients. Renders cares such as dressing changes, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
* Speaking-signaling to patient and family by answering call lights, responding in a timely respectful manner to maintain a positive customer relation.
* Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor and other staff members regarding patientâ€™s condition, response to medications, concerns, patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
* Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
* Assist physician and assist with physician visits.
* Direct and assist patient care given by other health team members and students (unlicensed personnel).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
Must possess current Nebraska LPN licensure. Requires CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer. Demonstrate ability to function in a variety of clinical settings. One year of clinical experience preferred. Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
MEDICAL DEVISES used in work, include but not limited to:
Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
Digital wheelchair/standing scale
Tub chair lift
Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
Madonna offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package to qualifying employees. We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of Madonna not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, pregnancy, receipt of public assistance, marital status, Vietnam era veteran status, genetic information, or any protected class specified by law, statute, or ordinance to any applicants, employees, volunteers, and Board members. Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ€™s mission. See first-hand impact on members and their families. Learn new skills and advance your career. Love your job and your team. Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/