Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Enhancing patients/customers experience by providing clerical/technical support in a manner consistent with the Code of Conduct
- The PSR will be able to handle all aspects of front and back office functions with an emphasis on physician office visit scheduling and optimization.
- In addition, the PSR will be responsible for obtaining patient demographic and insurance information, verifying insurance, obtaining /verifying referrals, collecting co-pays, preparing daily deposits and insurance billing.
- As a front line employee, the PSR must provide superior customer service and always look to solve patient issues presented to them.
- Excellent prioritization, decision-making, multi-tasking skills are essential in this key position.
- This position requires providing service to Adults and Adolescents in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years related work-experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment is required
- Exceptional Customer Service practices a must
- Must possess knowledge/familiarity with general office functions and procedures including ICD-10 codes
- CPT coding, medical terminology and HIPAA regulations.
- Experience using computer in an office setting and the ability to verbally communicate information to staff and patients in a professional customer focused manner required.
- General typing (28 WPM) preferred, filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills are required.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit, stand, and walk within department and through practice as needed. Light lifting for files, papers and other routine office materials is necessary
- Visual Requirements:Must be able to read printed documents and computer screen visuals.
- Hearing Requirements: Must be able to conduct telephone and personal conversations.
- Working Conditions: Fast paced medical practice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.