Posted in Other 18 days ago.
IFF (formerly DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences) in Memphis, TN is seeking a Maintenance First Line Supervisor to join our team! We are looking for an effective, results-driven, self-directed and motivated team player who communicates in an open, honest manner. Our site is one of Memphis premier employers and is recognized as a leading area manufacturer. We have a unique culture with a work hard, play hard philosophy.
The Maintenance FLS is responsible for the effective and safe execution of daily maintenance activities performed by IFF mechanics and provides leadership for all maintenance work within the unit/site. The Maintenance FLS is responsible for performance management, improvement & utilization of maintenance management systems and development of their maintenance organization. The Maintenance FLS ensures maintenance work is performed in compliance with safety, health, and regulatory standards to meet business requirements. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will report to the Maintenance & Reliability Manager and join the Memphis team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Understand the Maintenance strategy (goals), how it pertains to ensuring operations in the production process, and how equipment effectiveness and availability impacts the Production strategy.
* Participate and Lead Integration of the Work Management Process (WMP) into the maintenance mechanics, E&I technicians, AutoPack technicians and contractors engaged in the maintenance of equipment and facilities.
* Verify equipment readiness, communicate work assignments, execute job scope, and ensure that all work is permitted appropriately and authorized accordingly.
* Responsible for planning Emergency Work (PM15) and coordinating that work with the Production FLS/ATO.
* Align on scope of work with Production ATO and Planner and order all parts and materials for jobs when needed.
* Reviews the draft weekly schedule, provides feedback, & participates in the weekly scheduling meetings.
* Responsible for training and scheduling work of Maintenance Technicians.
* Demonstrate supervisory and scheduling skills for personnel.
* Coordinate and support staff by monitoring in-progress work, help with work effectiveness, and ensuring your team has the tools and discussions to do the work safely and efficiently
* Support equipment readiness before deployment of maintenance resources on day of scheduled work execution and ensure acceptable completion of maintenance/engineering activities.
* Complete and maintain appropriate documentation for the work completed.
* Support the integration of the Reliability Management Process (RMP) into the production culture.
* Production representative in the MRO Inventory managing process(es) that is led by the MRO Planner.
* Utilize SAP functionality including work order system
* Set ambitious standards and goals of performance for self and others.
* Effectively communicate and build/maintain relationships.
The following are required:
* High School Diploma or GED
* A minimum of 2-year Mechanical Technology certificate OR at least two years of progressive levels of responsibility in an industrial, maintenance, electrical, or construction environment
* Knowledge of safe work practices, site safety and environmental requirements and policies, plant work requirements and procedures, plant equipment and repair procedures, DPS principles and how they apply to the workplace, and production strategies/goals and equipment requirements to meet yield, uptime, cost of manufacture, and working capital
* Experience with preventative/Predictive maintenance
* Knowledge of production process, how the equipment connects, and how equipment performance impacts the production process
* The ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, one on one and in group settings
* Effective organizational skills
* Driving change and proven influence skills. Deals effectively with new and different situations
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Previous experience with computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The following are preferred:
* Lean Six Sigma or DPS project/event experience
* Project and/or systems management experience
* Previous training experience
* Experience with SAP
Nearest Major Market: Memphis