Posted in Management 16 days ago.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Budget development and management responsibilities include preparation, submission and management of annual budget for all assigned practices. Develops and implements systems and initiatives to ensure that operational and budget goals are met. Evaluates capital equipment needs for assigned practices.
2. Recruits, Develops, and Supervises Practice Lead Staff. Sets goals and evaluates performance annually. Provides direction, support and training to ensure that goals are met.
3. Develops and implements organizational and departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance by monitoring, providing training and taking corrective action as needed.
4. Monitors compliance to federal regulations and guidelines. Works collaboratively with Physician Billing Service and Providers to communicate standards and identify requirements. Develops and implements procedures to ensure that requirements are met.
5. Revenue cycle management responsibilities include implementation and of policies and procedures to ensure the timely and accurate capture of patient information and charges to facilitate timely billing and maximize revenue. Works closely with Physician Billing Services to continuously improve the revenue cycle. Participates in hospital initiatives to improve financial performance.
6. Liaison between Clinical Chiefs, Physicians, mid-levels, practice staff and group practice management. Identifies and responds to concerns.
7. Works closely with Practices and Community Relations to develop and support organizational and practice marketing initiatives. Develops and implements marketing plans for new practices and programs.
8. Coordinates allocation of resources from Hospital-based departments including but not limited to Human Resources, Engineering, Information Services, Purchasing, Transport, Protection Services and Forms Control.
9. Supports the Human Resources function of recruitment, orientation, performance evaluation, and corrective action policy. Works closely with practice leads and Human Resource Associates to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
10. Supports the Director of Network Development and Physician Relations with development and implementation of organizational and departmental goals. Develops initiatives to continuously improve processes in assigned practices. Participates in MAPS and hospital -wide process improvement efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of practice management principles, health care financing issues, human resources management, and clinical areas concepts. A Bachelor's degree in economics, management, or a related field is required, or 5-7 years direct related experience in a health care management setting, with an emphasis on physician practice management.
2. Interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of managers, financial professionals, physicians and mid-level providers, administrative and support personnel, Hospital providers of services, patients and their families.
3. Demonstrated written, analytical and verbal communication skills including an ability to quickly summarize relevant data and observations, and transform those data and observations into implement able policies and procedures and associated monitoring procedures.
4. Knowledge of professional billing systems and micro computer-based program operations including spreadsheet and word-processing applications.