Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
For more than 50 years, TranSystems has provided engineering and architectural planning, design and construction solutions to enhance the movement of goods and people across today’s integrated transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., its professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S. perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the transportation and federal marketplaces. Services are delivered throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation.
Entry-level position for a person with a basic operational understanding of computer graphics and drafting.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Copies sketches, layouts, and drawings prepared by others on to CAD.
2. Will learn proficiency in operation of computer-aided drafting and design input station.
3. Assignments of increasing difficulty will be submitted as proficiency is increased.
4. Understand and follow the company's standard CAD procedures for levels, line styles, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
5. Individual is flexible and may work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
6. Maintain neat and orderly work area that will allow access to project information to other team members.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience – Associates degree in related field preferred.
Language Ability – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Seeks opportunities to develop the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Basic understanding of Engineering and Architectural Scales.
Computer Skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; AutoCAD or MicroStation; Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam required. Knowledge of Revit and Civil 3D desired.
This position may require some travel to offices and client sites within their respective area, using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline. There is a potential that this will be a part-time position.
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
2. Task Management - Coordinates tasks; Communicates changes and progress to supervisor or Project Manager; Completes tasks on time and within budget.
3. Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
4. Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
5. Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
6. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
7. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Travel requirements: Up to 10%
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.