Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Position Title: Chief Human Resources Officer
Department: Human Resources (HR)
Purpose: Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for driving the evolution of our HR processes, practices, and systems to achieve excellence. In support of attainment of strategic goals and enhancing shareholder value, this role will implement best-in-class HR Programs to support overall business objectives and the strategic direction of Five Star Bank and its insurance and investment affiliates: Courier Capital LLC, HNP Capital LLC, and SDN Insurance Agency LLC.
Leading a team of dedicated HR professionals, our CHRO is responsible for all HR functions of the Company, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, employee engagement, organizational design, performance management, training and professional development, succession planning, total rewards and compensation, and change management. Emulating our core values, our CHRO will ensure a diverse, inclusive, and engaged workforce. The CHRO serves as a key, trusted advisor to our President and CEO and Board of Directors on all HR matters, and provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans.
The CHRO may establish a primary office in any of our corporate offices near Buffalo, Rochester, or Warsaw, where our HR groups are located.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and administer HR plans, strategies and efforts that support achievement of the Company's three-year strategic plan, mission, and vision.
2. Serve as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit on key organizational and management issues, with focus on maintaining positive working relationships and partnering to maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity.
3. Guide organizational design and structure and lead the development of comprehensive recruiting and retention plans that meet human capital needs and strategic goals, and ensure a diverse, inclusive, high-performing, and highly engaged workforce.
4. Partner with the company's executive management team to establish sound career development and succession plans that correspond to the strategy and objectives of the Company.
5. Lead culture building and employee relations, and effectively communicate HR related matters to employees across the Company.
6. Maintain a performance management system and comprehensive rewards program aimed at improving organizational productivity and development, and recognizing and rewarding superior performance.
7. Continuous focus on process improvement to modernize HR processes and systems to deliver successful HR outcomes.
8. Regularly report performance of HR functions to executive/senior management and the Board of Directors using objective data, peer information, and key benchmarks, and work closely with the Board's Management Development and Compensation Committee to process matters within its charge.
9. Administer all HR related policies and regularly update them to ensure they remain current and relevant.
10. Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, including requirements applicable to public companies.
11. Prepare and manage a budget that achieves HR related goals and addresses HR functions in a cost-efficient manner.
12. Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
13. This job description is not exhaustive. The CHRO may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Job-Related Qualifications: The Required qualifications are those that the candidate needs to meet in order to be considered for the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
Prior Experience: Years: 15+ Type: Human Resources with at least 5 years of senior management experience and experience leading larger teams.
Education: Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Prior Experience: Years: 15+ Type: Human Resources with at least 5 years of senior a
Licenses or Accreditation:
Preferred: Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing the essential functions of the position. List the competencies required to perform the essential functions for the position.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of all HR functions.
2. Deep experience in strategic planning and execution.
3. Hands on experience with HR software, including ADP.
4. Proven leadership and management abilities.
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills that leverage objective data and peer information.
6. Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
7. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
9. Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment-related laws and regulations.
10. Demonstrated skills in facilitating change management and team building, with knowledge of group process and developmental coaching.
11. Ability to analyze organizational needs and deliver targeted interventions that improve organizational effectiveness.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Human Resources
Reports To: President and Chief Executive Officer
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From: President and Chief Executive Officer
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
To: Manager - Total Rewards and Analytics, HR Manager, Organizational Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Able to travel within Corporate footprint.
The Company is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. The Company is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and the Company will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits the Company from employing "any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.