Helpdesk Support Specialist needed for a contract to hire opportunity with SOC's client to work in Clinton, Mississippi.
Active Secret clearance is required for this position!
Our Help Desk operation is staffed 24x7, although the core hours of operation are 6AM to 6PM Central Time and most staff will work on staggered shifts during that timeframe.
- Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this contract or predecessors;
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems;
- Addresses support requests received over the phone or through email and web-based systems;
- Provides prompt, courteous, and professional response to user calls during supported hours;
- Provides a single, identified point of contact for all Help Desk and change request services;
- Updates and maintains Help Desk records in accordance with established support procedures;
- Performs account password administration and processes new user account requests;
- Develops, maintains, and executes standard Help Desk operating procedures;
- Follows security requirements as requested by the Government Security Officer;
- Monitors customer problems to ensure prompt, satisfactory service/resolution is being provided; if necessary call the user to update them on progress;
- Processes standard change request (Remedy tickets) for Installations, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC's)
- Manages the user's expectations; provide information that will give details for a possible resolution or when they can expect to be contacted again
- IT background
- Help Desk experience
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Desktop support experience
- Active Public trust clearance from ATF, USMS, or USTP preferred
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer,EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.