Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Under supervision, perform specialized duties relating to providing effective customer service
Receive, review and enter sales orders based on customer purchase orders, in accordance with current quality
* Relate information to customers in regards to the delivery, pricing and status of their orders. Make amendments to
the orders based on the information attained from other departments and assure the information has been made
available to the customer.
* Maintain records of the customer's purchase orders, along with any documentation regarding the communication
of the status and pricing of the orders utilizing the appropriate ERP system.
* Communicate to the planning personnel of any urgent matter or issues regarding customer orders; expediting
when needed, sales orders to ship to the customer as per their request, obtaining information from the planners,
master schedulers, and production plant.
* Run sales orders reports. Follow up on past due orders and report to management of the status.
* Potential Field Location Responsibility: Along with Group Lead, utilize Pricing Tool (LPG) to price all assemblies
and components in proposal status.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum 1 year of customer service.
* Experience in an ERP system is preferred.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Email.
* Must have good writing and communication skills.
* Experience in planning, materials and scheduling as needed.
* Bilingual English - Spanish a plus
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.