Posted in Other 11 days ago.
US-PA-King of Prussia
John Middleton Company
Engineering & Manufacturing - Quality Assurance/Control
Are you an authority on laboratory test methods and procedures, looking to drive quality at a leading consumer packaged goods company? If so, then we have an opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a QA Lab Technician at the John Middleton Company in King of Prussia, PA. The position will work with other laboratory staff to deliver timely, quality test results, maintain laboratory testing equipment and provide skilled technical support.
The role would be assigned to B Shift, 2pm to 10pm, Monday through Friday requires flexibility to support all production shifts and will serve as a backup to the Senior Scientist and all other lab staff.
What will you be doing?
* Assisting the Senior Lab Scientist with daily activities and responsibilities to ensure the proper operations and maintenance of the QA Lab.
* Sampling and testing raw and in-process materials for conformance to specifications and releasing approved materials to production.
* Reviewing and approving data generated by laboratory staff.
* Performing calibrations, verifications, maintenance, and troubleshooting on laboratory equipment to assure that quality system requirements are met or exceeded.
* Acting as backup subject matter expert during facility inspections.
* Initiating and leading out of specification and suspect data investigations and implementing corrective and preventive actions where appropriate.
* Managing inventory of laboratory consumables, reagents, and equipment calibration schedules.
* Assisting with the design of laboratory experiments for method development, method validation, and production process improvements.
* Conducting peer-to-peer training on new documents, document revisions, and laboratory best practices.
* Complying with Federal, State, and Company regulations including compliance with procedures, quality management system requirements, good laboratory practices, safety rules, and regulatory/environmental requirements.
What does your background and experience look like?
* You possess a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology or a closely related discipline is preferred.
* You have 5+ years of experience in an analytical laboratory environment serving quality systems operations is preferred.
* You have worked with balances, moisture analysis, refractometry, densimetry, colorimetry, and olfactory analysis.
* You have experience operating and maintaining HPLC, GC-FID, and FTIR instrumentation.
* We prefer you have QMS experience.
* You possess superb verbal, written, and computer (including Microsoft Office) skills
* You have demonstrated skills in analytical testing, leadership, and are able to work independently.
* You have the ability to plan, prioritize and execute work activities to ensure completion of sampling and testing requirements
* You are willing and able to spend the majority of the work day standing, climbing steps, ladders, and to lift samples or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
* You are available to work all shifts.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation's leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80 percent interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer. Altria's significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity.
At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other's unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Over the next 10 years, we have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.