Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Microbiology Medical Laboratory Technician
Calling all laboratory scientists and technicians! Are you burnt out with hospital environment operations? Are you looking for an exciting career in a full-service microbiology laboratory? Are you interested in working in a veterinary space? If so, please read on!
As a Microbiology Lab Technician, your primary responsibility will be processing, analyzing and reporting results for veterinary microbiology patient samples at our diagnostic laboratory in Louisville, KY. This includes organism identifications, susceptibility testing and common set up practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
(include, but not limited to)
• Plate reading and interpretation of biochemical tests
• Receive specimens, process for microbiological set ups, perform testing and result reporting.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and makes minor repairs when needed.
• Receive specimens and assist with specimen handling; incoming packages and track specimens from UPS
Knowledge, Qualifications & Compensation
• An MT/MLT or Microbiology degree is desired.
• 2+ years of experience in clinical microbiology labs (preferred but not necessary).
• Team oriented, friendly and loves a challenge.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Robust organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in the veterinary field is preferred. Other experience IS considered as applicable. We provide training for those new to the veterinary field.
• Competitive compensation package, including base wages and bonus.
About Zoetis Reference Labs Veterinary Diagnostics
Zoetis Reference Labs is a new, innovative and well-funded, full-service veterinary clinical diagnostic laboratory. We are focused on revolutionizing the reference laboratory space for companion animals. We are a team of friendly, motivated and highly collaborative business and veterinary professionals looking for a top tier laboratory bench-top, microbiologist to join our growing crew.
Competitive & Flexible compensation and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.