Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Full-time; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; Variable hours
Performs a variety of safety and security duties in order to provide for the safety and protection of all patients, employees, visitors and/or others in and around the properties, structures, lands or areas that are owned, used, leased or otherwise occupied by Mass Eye and Ear or its affiliates or others as encountered during the regular course of performing authorized job duties.
1) Patrol all properties owned or protected by Mass Eye and Ear or its affiliates ensuring that all established Infirmary wide and departmental security and parking policies and procedures are maintained to the most efficient levels and standards.
2) Will remain alert to acts of a suspicious nature and make inquires to all persons as to true identity and purpose for being in buildings/structures or on land/grounds.
3) Maintain proficiency in techniques of crowd control, reaction to emergency procedures, search procedures, evidence gathering, questioning of witnesses, and protection of recovered property and the preparation of written reports.
4) Respond and investigate all requests for assistance, alarm violations, secure areas, and make recommendations for preventative maintenance to all equipment and systems.
5) Monitor/check all alarms activated and appearing in the alarm system database. Will know procedures for authorizing alarm entry and record all information in the daily activity log database.
6) Maintains, assigns, and grants access to ID Badge system in Continuum.
7) Escort all persons to Mass Eye and Ear buildings and affiliated properties when requested.
8) Enforce established parking policies and notify Supervisor and/or Director of all violations.
9) Maintain the integrity of the Master Key System by controlling access to Infirmary properties after verifying identity of all persons requesting any doors or buildings to be opened or secured.
10) Will abide by approved departmental and Infirmary policies and procedures. 11) May assist in traffic control and snow removal efforts
12) May be required to perform other duties as requested by Security Supervisor or Director.
13) Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care (or services) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the department. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age specific needs
Some college courses in law enforcement or business administration recommended. Preferably at least one year experience in Healthcare Safety/Security. Must use proper discretion in determining when person/persons have violated the laws of the City/Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.