Posted in Other 6 days ago.
It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Company: BCFS Health and Human Services Title:
Transporter Technician - Bilingual
Position: Driver II
Business Unit: RSD
Job Family: Service Provider
Program: BCFS Health and Human Services Status: FT-Non Exempt
Comp. Grade: 3
Grade Profile: 3-6
Education: Required - High school diploma, or equivalent
Experience: Required - Excellent driving record for the past 5 years
Summary: The transporter tech is responsible for the safe and effective transportation of the service population to assigned destinations either as an escort or in company vehicles both as scheduled and as needed.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
1. Work irregular shifts, irregular days and be available when required to transport the service
population to assigned destinations including emergency evacuations, medical/dental appointments, court hearings and off-campus outings.
2. Maintain a calendar that tracks and coordinates children's travel needs to ensure they get to appointments and new placements on schedule.
3. Maintain accurate and up to date vehicle logs.
4. Provide safe, secure and supervised transportation of the service population assigned to this position for transport.
5. Meet all deadlines required by program supervisor and federal partners. 6. Communicate
effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish.
6. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish.
1. Meet all federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards applicable to this position.
2. Use two-way communication radios, cell phones and other equipment as assigned.
3. Refrain from ever using a handheld cell phone while operating a vehicle.
4. Cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the event an official request, testing for drugs
5. Provide consistent and effective communication with supervisor for any transportation concerns
or needs including vehicle issues, coordination difficulties and change in travel plans.
6. Participate in scheduled meetings, team decisions and operations.
7. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by the position supervisor.
8. Model culturally and socially desired behaviors while explaining the behaviors to children to
facilitate learning and replication of the behaviors.
9. Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of
10. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
11. Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee
handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and
complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain current licenses including a driver license and certificates required for the
position including but not limited to: CPR, First Aid and Emergency Behavior Intervention
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
3. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
5. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population's cultural and socio-economic
b. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English (Spanish highly preferred)
c. Organize and prioritize responsibilities and duties efficiently
d. Work in a fast paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at
e. Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position
f. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member
of a multidisciplinary team
6. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Residential Services policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
English (United States)If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster