Posted in Other 13 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Full time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:40
Prepares patient and assists clinical provider with patient examination by obtaining and documenting vital signs, past medical history, social history and chief complaint.
Performs various clinical tasks within the scope of their certification and under the supervision of the physician.
* Prepares patient for exam by obtaining and documenting vital signs, and chief complaint, and preparing patient for provider exam. Prepares exam room as required based on chief complaint.
* Performs phlebotomy and obtains specimens for processing. Administers vaccines and completes required documentation. Performs diagnostic tests such as EKG, Pulmonary Function, etc. as directed and under the supervision of the physician.
* Screens and directs patient calls according to established protocol. Contacts patients regarding prescriptions and testing results as directed by and under the supervision of the physician.
* Performs daily regulatory testing as required and documents accordingly, to ensure that clinical equipment is accurate and compliant.
* Maintains par level of clinical supplies for facility.
* Performs front desk duties as directed which may include registering patients, billing, and appointment scheduling.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1-3 years of similar job experience in a medical office preferred.
HS diploma or equivalent.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Current certification/registration as a Medical Assistant.
BLS Certification required.