Posted in Management 11 days ago.
As a Channel Development Manager you will focus on current and prospective Channel Partners in a specific area and develop strategies to increase NetApp's Products and Services sales through those defined Partners. The role requires strong communication and collaboration skills combined with a sense of urgency to drive revenue generation for the assigned Region and Area. This position is based out of NetApp's Vienna (VA) or Durham - RTP (NC) office.
* Maintain and deepen relationships with Channel Partners to create increased sales opportunities.
* Develop and maintain a sales strategy and business plan for account and communicating to regional sales managers and district sales. Use the business plan as a roadmap for a 'Go to Market' and program development, including sales goals.
* Contract management.
* Develop sales forecasts while achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
* Act as a trusted and valued resource to our Channel Partners.
* Collaborate with field marketing organization to plan, deliver, and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for Channel Partners.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills, presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
* Ability to travel within assigned region, working closely with Districts Managers, Sales Representatives, and Channel Partners.
* A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
* High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
* A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, marketing strategies, etc.
* Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
* 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
* Past experience successfully selling Storage Management Solutions with Channel Partners.
* Past experience selling work Channel Partners selling to US Federal government customers is preferred.
* A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
* Experience which demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.