Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Howmet Fastening Systems is seeking a Production Technician III in our Blind Products department. This position is responsible for the production of parts meeting print and specification requirements. Also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment. Must function as a tooling readiness specialist when directed by the Manufacturing Supervisor. Train other operators, as required. Must show by example a commitment to continuous improvement.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Production of parts meeting drawing and specification requirements.
• Set-up and operation of equipment, as assigned.
• Perform statistical process measurements / calculations. Complete forms / computer entries as required.
• Order and maintain inventory levels of required tooling, gages and supplies.
• Participate in assuring team tooling and material readiness. (Assemble tooling set-up kits, stage raw materials and perform external setup tasks, as required)
• Participate in setting and achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets.
• Participate with team in continuous improvement efforts.
• Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks.
• Perform shop floor housekeeping duties.
• Prepare daily production reports and forms.
• Train other operators as required.
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and
• Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Howmet Guide to Business Conduct.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
• Performs all work activities in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.