Posted in Other 24 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Atrius Health is a nonprofit healthcare leader delivering a system of connected care that enables us to know our patients better so that we can serve them well. Across 32 clinical locations, more than 50 specialties and 825 physicians, we provide proactive, customized care to more than 720,000 adult and pediatric patients across eastern Massachusetts.
The Atrius Health practices including Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical Group, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates and PMG Physician Associates - together with VNA Care - work in collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities, to develop innovative and effective ways of delivering care in the most appropriate setting, making it easier for patients to be healthy.
We believe that by establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of our patients, we enrich their health and enhance their lives.
Under general supervision, analyzes cancer cases in accordance with national and state standards. Assigns, justifies and verifies stages of cancer. Abstracts cases and submits reports to the Massachusetts State Cancer Registry. Coordinates, presides over and records treatment decisions at all tumor board meetings. Serves as a data resource for physicians and researchers.
* Analyzes cancer cases using American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer criteria. Reviews all reports generated by the pathology department. Culls new oncology patients from MD schedules. Determines which cases are reportable to the Massachusetts State Cancer Registry (typically 500-600 new cases per year).
* Stages and abstracts all reportable cases. Assigns cancer stages using American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) Staging Manual, International Classification of Diseases of Oncology, and SEER Summary Staging Manual. Collects demographics and all pertinent non-cancer related health information, such as family history and co-morbid conditions. Collects all treatment dates and treatment modalities (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, and biological response modifiers). Identifies and tabulates those cases enrolled in studies and protocols.
* Reports all abstracted cases in a given month to the Massachusetts State Cancer Registry, using specialized reporting software provided by the state.
* On an annual basis, verifies patient status, including cancer recurrences, subsequent treatments, and mortality/morbidity status (follow-up list increases by 500-600 annually).
* Serves as the coordinator for tumor board meetings. Prepares materials for meetings, to include the identification of newly diagnosed patients, as well as the location and compilation of pathology reports and MD notes for presentation at the meetings.
* Attends and presides over tumor board meetings. Records treatment decisions made at these meetings.
* Serves as a data resource for internal and external physicians and researchers. Designs, generates and distributes reports as requested.
* Attends annual Cancer Registrars of New England conference in order to remain current on all changes in national staging and coding manuals as well as changes in Massachusetts State Registry requirements.
Education: Bachelors degree as well as certification as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) from the National Cancer Registrar's Association of America required.
Skills and Experience: 3-5 years of professional experience, with at least two years of experience in abstracting and staging cancer cases (as outlined in requirements for certification). Position requires excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills as well as strong computer skills, including advanced database reporting skills.
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital/domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation and gender identity and/or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.
Excellent benefits Include:
* Up to 8% company retirement contribution,
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 10 paid holidays,
* Paid professional development,
* Competitive health and welfare benefit package.
Atrius Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military service or application for military service, veteran or disability status.Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the statePDN-934268d2-ab96-4e73-bb8e-8984751dbc13