Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for operating the pilers in receiving and the small front-end loader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Individuals in this position must:
• Unload potatoes into the specified receiving bays by the safe operation of pilers. Keep lots in separate bays. Check with the Supervisor for bay assignment.
• Pull QA samples of the raw product as specified while it is unloaded into the bays. QA sampling procedures are to be followed to ensure accurate representative samples are acquired.
• Use the front-end loader to remove dirt and debris from the cement slab in front of the receiving doors. This dirt is to be dumped into the designated waste containers in the alleyway.
• Clean bays out with the water hoses before the next lot of raw product.
• Clean pilers when the bay is filled.
• Inform the Supervisor immediately of any mechanical issues or problems with the equipment in receiving or if any potentially serious foreign material is found.
• Inspect potatoes for foreign material when they are unloaded.
• Perform equal or lower rated job duties as assigned by Production Supervisor or Lead.
• Inform the Supervisor or Lead immediately of any changes in appearance of incoming potatoes.
• Record the number of loads unloaded on dry erase boards in bays.
• Record grower's names in English on the dry erase boards.
Equipment and Tools Required
•Shovel, squeegee, broom
•White plastic sampling tray
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job, an individual must:
•Be able and willing to follow instructions.
•Be able to operate all equipment in area of responsibility.
•Be able to pull QA samples accurately.
•Follow all plant rules and guidelines.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals also must have the:
•Ability to effectively communicate in English.
•Ability to carry out instructions efficiently and effectively.
•Ability to read and write in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee must:
•Be able to sit, stand, walk and climb.
•Have good eye-hand coordination.
•Have normal finger dexterity and range of motion.
•Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on frequent basis.
•Be able to push and pull heavy items on occasion.
•Have vision abilities required by this job, which include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
•Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
•-Is occasionally exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate hot and cold environments.
•May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
•Will regularly work in an environment in which the noise level is usually loud.