Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
The Chase Staff Appraiser Apprentice, under direct supervision is responsible for completing all required qualified education as mandated by the Appraisal Qualifications Board or state requirements and training to perform appraisals of real property and obtain an Appraisal Trainee license to later be upgraded to a Certified Residential Appraiser License in a designated state.
***This position works remote and will support all of Fairfield, CT***
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Under direct supervision, the Staff Appraiser Apprentice will gather, verify and analyze data to develop an opinion of fair market value using generally accepted appraisal practices, including, but not limited to, measuring and physically inspecting the exterior and interior of buildings, research and analyze comparable sales/listings/rentals, assess quality and condition, analyze statistical data and highest and best use of the property.
• Maintain experience log as required by a designated state
• Create work files to support the development of the appraisal report in compliance with USPAP
• Accurately completes a variety of residential appraisal products while successfully providing ongoing updates involved in the valuation process.
• The individual in this position must be able to work independently and manage a changing workload.
• Meets all departmental goals for key performance indicators (quality, productivity and turnaround time, etc.)
• Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and appearance to meets JPMC Code of Conduct expectations. Collaborates effectively with internal customers to ensure seamless customer service. Submits proactive status updates at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a prompt and professional manner
• Understands, adheres and remains current on Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), JP Morgan Chase appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines
• Appraiser Apprentice must hold an active trainee license or able to obtain a trainee license within a designated state, remain in good standing and maintain licensee requirements
• Maintain reliable transportation
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong analytical skills and effective problem-solving
• Detail Oriented Excellent time management skills in order to meet production expectations and deadlines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and prioritization techniques
• Ability to act independently as well as under direct supervision
• Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, appraisal software and internet
• Demonstrates high standards of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
• A valid driver's license and ability to travel locally to complete appraisal assignments
• Bachelor's degree required
• Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of any active licenses within state, no current or pending litigation or investigations.Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans