Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This position is accountable for the safe, effective and efficient transportation of steel service center products and goods as directed by the Traffic Manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Meets and maintains all requirements related to holding a Commercial Driver License (CDL) within established time limits.
• Complies with and follows all State and Federal Highway Rules and Regulations.
• Ensures the proper loading and placement of product (including weight distribution) per load prior to transport.
• Ensures each load is properly and effectively secured to transport.
• Ensures all products are adequately protected from damage (including weather conditions) during transportation.
• Ensures Fleet Equipment is inspected and in good working order prior to use and is kept clean and in good working order during use.
• Supports the use of new technology and innovative equipment that is installed in the trucks.
• Presents professional, polite, efficient image at all times to customers, co-workers, supervisors, customs, law officers and the general public.
• Utilizes safe driving practices at all times.
• Prepare the materials for unloading at the destination point and supervises the unloading process.
• Immediately reports any problems or accidents to the Traffic Manager and appropriate Law Enforcement Officials.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED; or one to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 21 years old
• Must have CDL with proper endorsements
• Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving
• Safe driving record
• Must be able to pass DOT physical exam and drug test
• Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit us at www.kloecknermetals.com to learn more about us and see other opportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation and review our latest videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA