We’re looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
You will report directly to the Executive Director or Administrator. You will be responsible for conducting face-to-face visits to assure that continued medical eligibility of the hospice patient.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial status of assigned patients as outlined by Nursing Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepares and Provides accurate documentation of the visit in a timely manner
- Provides medical care as needed and with the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner
- Actively participates in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care
- May be asked to perform routine visits to patient homes and/or participate in the on-call nursing schedule
- Master’s or higher degree in Nursing or related field with primary focus on Nursing (licensed in the state of requested employment)
- Completion of graduate level nurse practitioner education program accredited by a national accrediting body and documentation of certification by a national credentialing body
- Must be able to effectively operate nursing assessment tools and office equipment to include, computer and or tablet
- Sensitivity to feeling of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of the hospice concept