Posted in General Business 18 days ago.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the general direction of the Day Camp Director & Assistant Day Camp Director, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with the overall program, supervision of children and day-to-day operation of the Y Camp program. While also ensuring developmentally appropriate practices and paying attention to the safety and individual needs of each camper while modeling, practicing and carrying out YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Follow general direction and perform other duties as assigned of by the Day Camp Director, Assistant Day Camp Director and/or designee.
2. Ensure the individual needs of the children are met within the program guidelines.
3. Utilize sound judgment and discretionary skills in accordance with the Gateway Region YMCA policies.
4. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, parents, volunteers and program site administration and demonstrate strong public relation skills.
5. Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
6. Maintain an environment that ensures children's safety and well-being.
7. Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
8. May serve as support staff based on needs of program participants, ensuring approved levels of support, assistance, and record keeping.
9. All other duties assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.