Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Because our Bedford, MA office is closed for the time being due to the pandemic, you will work from home until the office reopens. Once the office reopens, you will work in the Bedford, MA office each day.Responsible for providing counsel to management and assisting in planning and directing all aspects of the organization's legal affairs and ensures maximum protection of the Company's legal rights.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with the Company's management to provide legal counsel and business counsel.
2. Assume responsibility for legal projects and resolves them effectively with some supervision.
3. Assist MultiPlan's provider contract team with review of provider agreements, template maintenance, provider contract disputes and other legal issues related to provider contracts.
4. Assist MultiPlan's securities and corporate secretarial function including: preparation of SEC filings and other securities related disclosures such as with the NYSE; planning and execution of the Company's Annual Meeting of Stockholders; administration of policies and procedures related to securities matters, such as Insider Trading Policy; and support securities-related transactions, subsidiary management and other corporate matters.
5. Support Sales and Account Management team in contract negotiations with customers.
6. Support Network Development team in contract negotiations with healthcare providers.
7. Assist in the support of drafting, distribution and maintenance of all form provider, customer and vendor agreements including the development of tools, processes and procedures for use of and with such agreements.
8. Provide counsel and contracting support to other departments including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Credentialing, Finance/Accounting and IT.
9. Support Customer Service/Dispute Resolution processes and assist in the development and implementation of preventive programs to mitigate legal exposure for the Company.
10. Participate in development and delivery of training programs for internal company departments regarding provider and sales contracting.
11. Support the Company's regulatory compliance programs and processes; research and review emerging legislation and regulation, and develop policies for compliance by the Company; support implementation of compliant policies and processes; support client compliance.
12. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
13. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
14. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This individual works under supervision and with a moderate amount of discretion to make decisions that affect the day-to-day operations within the Company. The incumbent follows established procedures and uses knowledge of the Company's general business principles, to complete job responsibilities. More complex issues are referred to higher levels. Work requires basing decisions on sound logic and rationale; advancing problems or issues toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; choosing the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; making timely suggestions for decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention.
* Minimum Juris Doctorate
* 0-2 years experience related to legal practice including a background in healthcare and/or other related fields such as contracting, regulatory compliance or litigation
* Other required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable.
* Meeting management, analytical, communication (written, verbal and listening), presentation, people management, and problem solving skills
* Ability to analyze issues and use sound judgment
* Ability to drive execution
* Ability to handle long-term and/or complex legal projects with significant financial or other business impact.
* Ability to manage outside counsel
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, or employees
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner
* Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a positive and professional manner
* Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
* Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include: