Provides positive customer interface, obtains and enters in computer all information needed for patients seen in the Clinic to ensure accurate billing.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Greets visitors and patients to determine their needs and directs them accordingly
- Collects appropriate documentation from patient and enters into PM system
- Collects copay, coinsurance or other balances owed on account
- Prints billing slip for physician to mark services performed
- Schedules follow-up appointments and cancels patient appointments due to no show
- Enters charges same day of service
- Codes diagnosis
- Reconciles payments daily
- Ensures that claims are in drop status at charge entry
- Maintains cash drawer for making change and balances it daily
- Verifies that all billing slips are submitted at the end of the day
- Prints appropriate registration forms from medical record system for future appointments
- Obtains precertification
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Previous customer service experience required. Experience in the operations of a physician's office is preferred.
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate. Basic computer skills required. Must be able to type.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled